Short-term missions change lives! By giving people a hands-on experience, participants exercise their faith, spiritual gifts and leadership skills.
Short-term missions create an outward focus and expands each participant's world view resulting in greater prayer, greater giving and greater commitment to reaching others.
Short-term missions enable your church to establish an ongoing partnership with a mission field. A well trained missions team can be a huge investment for your church and the missionaries you support.
Short-term missions provide strategic experiences for believers to hear the Lord's call to join the Harvest. These experiences are often starting-gates for long-term involvement in ministry both locally and globally.
Here are additional reasons for a church to send a short-term team.
Develops a contagious missions mindset in your congregation.
The participant's life is positively effected for eternity.
- The sending church receives back a changed, excited, and more committed believer who is now more in love with Jesus.
- Move missions out of the committee and into the lives of people.
- The participants become fervent and loyal prayer warriors on behalf of the host missionary and the host ministry.
- Establish a strategic, on-going partnership with a mission field.
- Often the host ministry receives a gracious increase in financial support.
- Often the participant returns to the field for further short-term work.
- In some cases, the participant joins the host ministry or some other ministry as a career worker.
Will you plan a short-term experience with long-term impact?
Since 1979, DELTA Ministries International has sent thousands of short-termers on hundreds of teams. Each STM Coach has been in leadership at a local church or pastorate and has led multiple short-term teams.
Whether your church is actively sending short-term teams now or preparing to do so, DELTA can help.
Debriefing & Follow-Through
DELTA walks you through the whole process!