When do you know if your church or ministry would need DELTA to assist you? If you are asking questions like below, then we can help:
- What if this is our first attempt at an STM and we don't have a clue about how to begin?
- Are you wearing yourself out because you're the only one doing everything?
- I'd like to make sure the short-term mission lasts longer than "just the trip."
- Help in determining the right field and the ministry job description.
- Help in discerning the "real why" of why our church would go on a short-term mission.
- Help in aligning the church's STM role to the long-term goals and strategies of a mission field.
- I don't even have a host location or missionary in mind
- How do I understand the people we're going to work with and make sure we know what they REALLY need?
- How do we figure out who to take and how many to take?
- Should our people just register or should I have them apply? And what forms should I use?
- Someone said we need some special insurance - where do I get that?
- When should I start recruiting and what should I tell people about the trip?
- How do we raise support for all our short-termers?
- What if one of my team members gets sick or injured while we're overseas?
- How do I pick leaders for our teams?
- I'm not sure how to make sure they are prepared and that they have the tools they will need.
- How will they handle an emergency?
- What are they basics people need to know?
- How do we make this more than "just another trip?"
- Getting my people ready for cross cultural ministry is daunting.
- It's hard for me to get people to turn out for meetings after we get back.
- I don't know what is effective after a mission to help people take the next steps in their life.
- How do I translate a great overseas experience into change at home?